Wednesday 6 May 2015

My regular experiments with food

I love to make life more interesting by making my food more interesting. Be it cooking the same food in different ways, or experimenting with some unusual ingredients- I have done it all. But my favourite pastime comprises experimenting with instant noodles. On my yet another visit to my favourite restaurant in Vasant Kunj, I tried out regular noodles made with a twist. The flavour was absolutely heavenly. When I requested the staff to explain the recipe to me orally, they actually did. I guess the universe does respond to our innermost desires in the most unexpected of ways. I went back home and tried out the recipe the very same day. Guess what, it was a complete disaster.

Let me tell you more about my other experiments with my noodles, most of which have been quite successful. I love to add lots of butter to my noodles. Even though the taste of butter overpowers the taste of other spices, I don’t mind at all. I have also tried adding cheese and pepper/oregano and that tastes amazingly well too. You might not like to hear this but let me tell you anyway. I have also tried cooking noodles in milk instead of water. But trust me it wasn’t that bad. To make the taste of milk less prominent, I cooked noodles in the mixture of milk and water. That tasted much better. I also recently learnt to cook noodles in a microwave oven from an office friend of mine. But guess what happened when I tried the same thing at home. Sigh!

Let me also tell you about my latest discovery. Just yesterday only, I ordered Eggs Benedict at a new restaurant and I must appreciate the dish. I was a little hesitant at first, but all my doubts were laid to rest the moment I had the first byte. If you too are crazy about food, do try this dish out at a nearby restaurant. I am sure you would love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment