Wednesday 5 March 2014

A Moment with the most important person

restaurants in mumbai
I have made a mistake that most men make. I was entangled in my own frustrations and vented it out on my wife. However, we keep doing it all along, and women do this as well, so it’s kind of a give-and-take thing amongst spouses.  Well, there is a reason why I was so touched this particular time.
 
After my wife despised the Valentine’s Day, and stated it was useless, I was transported back to the days when we used to date and were studying in Mumbai. As memories came back, I realized, ever since our teenage, we used to have the same dish at one of the best restaurants in mumbai, along with a mango pickle. We always used to laugh at the crazy combination but that’s how I loved it.

Today, as now I notice, it must have been quite an effort for her to cook it at home. ‘God could she even cook one, she had never made one before’ I thought to myself as it dawned upon me that she tried the recipe for the first time only for me, at this occasion. Ashamed at my own behavior I rushed back and apologized, only to find that the smoked lamb burger was in the bin and she was in the middle of tears.

Well, whatever was done was unchangeable but I managed to woo her back to the pleasant smile she had. At that moment I realized I had the most gorgeous woman as my wife, and I should have been celebrating the fact.

But as we say, it’s never too late. As I write this blog, we are sitting at the Hauz Khas outlet that we passed, enjoying our burger in delhi. Though, the place is changed but our love is the same as it used to be, only a bit more mature and responsible. She smiles at me, suggesting edits here and there. She is intent on proving that I was far ruder than you would think after reading this, but I suppose I have made my point.  

This was my moment of rediscovering our love. Perhaps you shouldn’t weight for one, and appreciate your better half, now and today. He/she is the one who has always been there for you, so celebrate your bond. Worry not, you need not wait for a Valentine’s Day to do that, in fact a random surprise makes it even more special for them.                 


No comments:

Post a Comment