Wednesday 10 June 2015

A rainy day made perfect

A rainy day made perfect

Hanging out with my friends is the best stress-buster I know of, especially after a totally busted week at work. So, when the vagaries of a certain week turned out just too much for my sanity, I decided to rest my overworked mind by doing what I do best--watching a super-funny movie with my equally funny friends.

It was a Friday night and as I had expected, the world could not wait to party. With the roads jammed and zero probability of making it on time for the movie, I doubted there could have been a worse end to my week. Now remember, whenever you think this way, the universe would always surprise you with its evil plotting. Out of nowhere, it started raining cats and dogs marking the end of my patience level. I pulled out the keys from my moving-at-a-snail’s-speed car and put on the emergency lights. I realized that the best restaurant in Vasant Kunj was just a few blocks away and even though I dislike stepping outside of my comfort zone, I could not have cared less at the moment.

It was mostly empty when I entered and found myself a suitable corner. I ordered a chicken burger loaded with extra cheese along with a large glass of chocolate smoothie. The burger was absolute scrumptious and the smoothie more than perfect. Unaffected by the mayhem the weather caused outside, I took pleasure in each bite of the best burger I had ever had. That place undoubtedly serves the best burgers in Delhi. It is uncanny how a nice meal could give a horrible day a perfect ending. By the time I finished my dinner, the rain had turned into a soothing drizzle and the traffic too had been cleared out.

I reached home later than my usual time, and was pampered with a large cup of hot and tasty tea clubbed together with my mother’s love. You say, could my day have ended on a better note?

No comments:

Post a Comment