Thursday 7 August 2014

Evening Delights :Hot Momos With Tea

So there I was in the middle of my random wanderings which have become a lot more frequent than before. Just out of nowhere, I realized I had ignored my hunger pangs way too long and the sudden craving for food was not unwarranted.

Luckily, I was blessed to be passing by one of the most popular destinations for food in Delhi. Though the place is not entirely familiar to me, I had heard a lot about restaurants in Khan Market being one the hottest of all eatery settings Delhi hosts.

Of course, a lot of it had to do with my old friend Rahul boasting of restaurants in Hauz Khas for a personal fetish for meat and I not being very comfortable his ways of devouring into flesh. Nevertheless, our friendly banters had made us challenge each other on knowledge of local places and in only a few months after meeting at college, we had started hitting it off together and discovering new palates and places to eat.




I stepped out the car and made way up a very small joint selling steaming hot momos. The tiny restaurant in Khan Market had all it takes to be a hotspot except may be ambience.  But for food explorers like me, such places are the best bet for their flavours and the feel of the city.

I had a plateful of those little veg delights arranged neatly in an ordeal fashion, each resting side to side like little white angels. The fiery red sauce spread casually on the sides, interspersed with a bit of white mayonnaise was the perfect blend.

As around the cup of hot tea, shooting off a strong aroma of cardamom based masala, the mini-meal was complete. And it was Rahul standing next to me, grinning ear to ear at us bumping into each other, the reason for which was our shared love for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment