Wednesday 3 September 2014

Into The Lanes Of Saket- Smoke House Deli

It was a regular monsoon evening in Delhi, clad with glistening trees and mushroomed with the ethereal monsoon-y fragrance. Naturally, for any typical Delhi-wallah, monsoons are synonymous with food- fried and smoked food. As a Delhite myself, I am not any different.  Spurred by a strong urge to break bread, I set off into the lanes of Saket hunting for something that could satiate my spewing hunger for food- probably a smoked burgers in Delhi or something of that like.

It was then that I sniffed something of my delight.  Huddled together in a peculiar place and bearing the look that was different to what I get to see normally, I strolled inside Smoke House Deli. Crammed in the lanes of Saket, this all quirky restaurant soothes. It was the delectable decor of the place that I almost forgot what I was there for in the first place. It took my about 10 minutes to breathe in the ambience, and honestly, even that was not enough.

A few moments later I glanced at the menu. Just a glimpse was enough to get a taste of what SHD serves- anything and everything that your taste buds might not have tripped onto before. While I was randomly looking at the menu items, one of them managed to hold my gaze- Eggs Benedict. While I had heard about them a lot of times, I couldn’t ever get the chance to gorge on them. Going by the popular opinion, I ordered a plate and started waiting in excitement for it.

The ensemble of it a few minutes later hinted that I had actually ordered something divine. The fat slices of ham, nicely toasted English Muffins clothed in Hollandaise sauce did cast a spell. The eggs melted in mouth, quite literally. The heaven- licious taste was hard to get enough of. So was the monsoon-ish touch that fuelled the craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment