Thursday 20 August 2015

An escape from Delhi to a city of food, fun, and rains

Any guesses which city am I talking about? Well, if you just thought of Mumbai, then give yourself a pat on the back. Everybody deserves a break from the monotonous life and after my best friend moved to Mumbai for higher studies, I definitely needed one. My birthday was just around the corner, and even the thought of celebrating it without my bestie filled me with dread. And so my other friends and I decided to make a short trip to Mumbai, and I am still amazed at how quickly and easily things fell into place.

The moment we landed in Mumbai, it started raining cats and dogs. We quickly took a cab and travelled a long distance from the airport to her rented flat. After catching up for a few hours, all of us took a refreshing nap as we had huge party plans for every night. But we can categorise most of our activities under eating, shopping, and partying. It was a lot of fun to explore the different breakfast places in Mumbai. Every morning we had a different destination in mind and trust me! Not even a single place disappointed us. From the spicy street food to the exotic desserts, we tried and loved it all.
Nights, as I mentioned above, were reserved for parties and we usually ate the typical food we have in Delhi- pastas, pizzas, and nachos. But we made sure we dine at the best restaurants in Mumbai for lunch. And I am sure you would agree with me that there is nothing as satisfying as good food after hours of searching, trying, and buying outfits.

All in all, my trip to Mumbai was an absolute joy and my birthday could not have been celebrated at a better place or with better people. The only thing that I probably didn’t enjoy as much were the constant rains that came pouring down without any warning. But I would love to visit the city again next year as I would love to meet my best friend who has no plans of visiting Delhi this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment