Tuesday 11 August 2015

The best birthday in Mumbai!

I had once been to Mumbai on an office trip. That was the only time I have ever visited Mumbai, but I fell in love with the city the very day. I loved the marine drive and if I did not have a flight booked, I would have stayed back. I tasted the famous Vada Pav and I was mesmerized with the synchronized hastiness of the city. I had the best smoked food in Mumbai in a restaurant; being a crazy fan of smoked food I could swear that I had never tasted anything close to that!

It was on my birthday that I got to visit this place again. All thanks to my husband, he flew me to Mumbai for a dinner in the same restaurant I kept talking about all the time. No wonder, it was the most delightful birthday of my entire life- to have my favorite food with my favorite person in one of the best restaurants in Mumbai! I couldn’t have asked for more!

His plan to surprise me extended till taking a long walk along the Juhu beach! It was incredibly romantic and I guess I fell in love with that place a little bit more for adding one of the best memories to my life.

My husband had booked a beautiful hotel with an amazing view of the city. The view was spectacular and it had me hooked to such an extent, that I wanted to move to Mumbai permanently! That of course did not materialize, as both of us have our workplaces in our hometown, but we keep coming to Mumbai since then and we’ve considered buying a property here!

The city is never tired and so are its people. Each time I come here it is new and since the mind-blowing birthday my husband gifted to me, the city has been etched onto my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment