Wednesday 5 August 2015

Burger and Iced Tea- My favourite meal

Yes, that’s what I love and that’s what I can have any time of the day. While this was my favourite meal, I did not have any favourite restaurant until I tried out the amazing burgers of this equally amazing food joint in Khan Market.

It was a Monday morning and my friends and I had gone to college rather unwillingly. That first lecture at 8.30 worsened our Monday blues and frankly, I do not even remember the topic we were taught in that class. All of us survived a series of torturous lectures until our brains and stomachs gave up. We skipped a class we dreaded every single day and decided to escape to our favourite food spot, Khan Market. We were musing over our food options when I spotted a restaurant we passed by every time we visited the market, but never cared to try. A little more awake after the bumpy ride our amateur driver friend put us through, we were up for an adventure. We were surprised to find that restaurant in Khan Market almost full even though it was early afternoon. The ambiance was great and the seats super comfortable- just perfect for a bunch of college students to laze around on a Monday. We quickly decided our orders and I of course ordered a chicken (smoked) burger (with extra cheese) with lemon iced tea.
While I wasn’t expecting the burger to be bad, it surpassed my expectations. It was simply fantastic. And not to forget, the burger was huge and totally worth the price. Over the next two years of college, we visit the restaurant every time we visited Khan Market. And I assure you my friends, every single burger they serve is damn tasty and fulfilling. I could easily give this place an award for the best burgers in Delhi. So when I graduated from college, I was more upset about not eating at that place as often as we did, more than I was about not seeing my friends every day (don’t judge me please). But guess who listened to me. They recently opened another branch in a mall near my place which gives me an opportunity to go have those delectable burgers every weekend. Yayy!

No comments:

Post a Comment