Wednesday 30 July 2014

Dieting From A Foodie’s Journal


‘Eat healthy and eat well’- somehow this is a phrase I have difficulty to stomach in. ‘A foodie’s soul can never be chained by diet restrictions’- now this is something more refreshing and practical. It sounds good, isn’t it? 

However, before you dig into your favourite mound of cheese, inspired by the above notion, how about considering a mid-way out? Well, after I started getting worried about the rounding belly and the cringing foodie in me under the weight of a diet, a friend of mine came to my rescue. He helped me work out a reasonable diet that kept my doctor and senses happy. And now I am happily enjoying my burgerin Delhi without a hint of guilt.  



Well, if you are not planning up for some massive six pack crunchers, a moderation in your present insane consumption might be all you need. I do not say that you will have to live without your smoked lamb burger, but all I say is how about subtracting the mayonnaise and adding an extra lettuce leaf. Simple maths you see. And instead of indulging every second day, let’s just keep such treats for Saturday lunch. 

Another favorite part of mine in this lovely diet design is that I have the leverage to satiate my sweet tooth every second day. Desserts are the loveliest portion of a meal and the reason I used to wait for dinner to get over. But lately, after I feasted on my favorite extra cheese pizza I had to eventually sacrifice my dessert under the guilt. But not anymore, with carefully calculated calorie intake I can take a small healthy dessert every second day and a wholesome one once a week.

So, actually when worked out wisely, a diet doesn’t have to be all bad. Treat yourself with your favorite delicacies often enough but not regularly, so that your health allows you to enjoy them over a longer period of time.     

No comments:

Post a Comment