Thursday 31 July 2014

Here’s How I Came Well-Fed From Old Delhi -part (2)

In conjunction to my last post, titled as Delhi and its own magnificent charm, I have a lot more to make you guys feel pity on me and laugh it out!

Finally, I decided to go to a best breakfast restaurant, but whether I was really right or not, will get to know soon. In old delhi, wherein there’s hardly space where people could walk through freely, it was a next to impossible thing for me to find a good restaurant. All I could see here was stalls and thela walas. There were two people making egg parathas on their thelas, but it looked as if the both of them were carrying some precious gems with them and were bagging it off right there. I could figure out more than 40 people lined up there. I did not had balls to stand anymore, but the tantalizing aroma of spices resisted me. I stood there for an hour and finally managed to get 2 egg parathas, which were reasonable enough. I thought one won’t suffice so I ordered for two. But that was it! The mind blowing taste was enough to make me forget that I have had to stand for half an hour. Parathas were really heavy, couldn’t think of jumping to the second one, but was helpless enough to throw it also, so packed it. for the reason that I could not even dare stand in the queue again, I did not took it for my friend, who was frowning at me like never before. Finally…this is how I came back well-fed. I managed to cool down his anger by giving the piece of paratha that I have had with me.

Now comes the real fun, Aniket, my friend and me were up for a one day outing. He took me to different spots including India Gate, Qutab Minar, Raj Ghat, Lajpat market. It was hectic but very much worth it like the parathas. For the reason that I kept poking him that there are no restaurants here in Delhi like Mumbai yaa…but it’s okay…I repeated it twice. Well, my intention-fun-complain resulted in sweet results. He took me to a restaurant in khan market followed by restaurant in hauz khas, which personified luxury. Each and everything varying from food to ambience was just perfect and I was dumbstruck with the same!

It was a great trip two-day-trip to Delhi and feel like visiting to this lively land soon. first part

No comments:

Post a Comment